Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Trying Viral

ass Pictures, Images and Photos
NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION:


Hello there. Odds are you are a complete stranger whose come to snoop through my thoughts. That's because I've begun to drop this URL in every forum I venture into on the Internet. I'm curious as to what kind of traffic and responses I might get when I cast the net that far and wide. Also, it might motivate me to do something more with this blog if I get some unbiased feedback. Basically, we'll see if anarchy can be productive.

Props to Noodleguy for popping my cherry. I'll be perusing his new blog "thang" after this and maybe you should judge it for yourself. What else do you have to do if you're here?

All reactions are appreciated. All suggestions welcome. As you can tell from what follows, I haven't really decided on the true direction I'd like to take this. A news blog seems redundant at this point. I like watching movies but a movie review blog faces the same pitfall. Initially, I wanted this to be a creative venue, specifically in the form of stream-of-consciousness. But this venture has grown lonely, my words have been ghost towns.

But the breadcrumbs I've been dropping have led you here to change that.

I invite you to stay a while and snoop around, sniff at my guts, but let me know what you think of the smell. I'd like to have some fun.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big thanks for linking to me :D

I'll add you to my Blogroll. Oh yeah, I probably should add a Blogroll.

Together, if we two unread bloggers work together we can pool our readers and become...two slightly more read but still unread bloggers!

I'm doing the same thing you are though, dropping the URL EVERYWHERE for my blog. Nonetheless, I think that focuses blogs have more power and mine is not particularly focused. Well, politics and economics I suppose...

sidecarsally.com said...

Hey brotha.

Nice blog you have here. You wanted some feedback, so my #1 piece of advise is to stick to a format that's easy to read and make sure that your spelling and grammar is correct.

Also, put a bunch of n00dz of yourself up on the front page.

-Sidecarsally

Unknown said...

Hi Josh,
I've rung your blogspot doorbell before. I'm visiting again because I rarely turn down an invitation!
And how in the WORLD did you get that picture of my butt? I really don't remember that.

Anonymous said...

I want to read some more streams...

Juanita said...

I am impressed that you actually did get people in here, I guess your life isn't crap anymore. I know how you feel though, and even more so since we have some of the same favorite websites.

Maybe I should start dropping my link everywhere too, seems to have worked out well for you.

One Wink at a Time said...

I'll come back from time to time to check out your writing which I think is great :-)

Laura Jayne said...

I think all bloggers in our self made blogging universe are separated by about 4 links, maybe five at the most. And since you keep leaving breadcrumbs, as do I on occasion, the possibilities are endless as to who will find you.

I keep thinking Brad & Angie will blog about their kids and find me soon. But that may be too mundane.

Occasional Caveat said...

Hey man, I came upon the link to your blog on the my life is crap page, which is a good read if you're on a lunch break. Out of morbid curiousity (I stress "morbid" since a lot of shameless self promoted blogs are normally crap) I figured I'd give you a shot.

To be honest, I didn't bother reading any of the short story-type things you have, maybe I will another time. What I did read is the slam poem, acapella-esque rap verse that was two posts prior to your "Trying Viral" post. I was impressed. You've got a talent with words and if performed correctly, could have a commanding stage presence as well.

So I'll tell you what. You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours. I'll add you in my blog if you add me in yours. occasionalcaveat.blogspot.com. Check it out and let me know.

Later.

Anonymous said...

this blog sucks,...theres is no content. its hard to read, there is no direction, what is the point of blogging, cause you i dont who will,

now get a life and visit my blog, hahahah

Anonymous said...

Great effort to get people to your blog!! Seems like it worked?
Some tips from myself on getting more (and regular) visitors...:

- Post regularly
- Keep your posts short
- Include images (but limit this, as it will cause your blog to load longer)

I hope this helps :) Good luck with gaining traffic!!

My photo
Fort Worth, Texas, United States

i am soft darkness, blurring 'round the edges, i never leave a light on when i leave the room, cosuming everything i touch, how could so much nothing weigh me down? i found solace catatonic, twisting me in damp sheets, compleletly cured of nightmare and living endless dream.